Dublin City Council has formally lodged the Part 8 Planning Application for the Dalymount Park Redevelopment Project. The planning application is expected to be approved in early 2024 at the February Council meeting. The current timeline for completion of the redeveloped stadium is the the start of the 2027 season.
The current plan is to develop a new four sided municipal stadium (c. 8,034 capacity) featuring:
- Reorientation of the pitch to a North/South Axis (105m x 68m) and installation of a new sand-based grass pitch
- New stands to the east and west side with provision for c. 6,240 seats and two new terraces to the north and south with provision for c. 1,794 standing
- The provision of a public thoroughfare along the eastern boundary connecting North Circular Road and Connaught Street to include various eateries and a new public plaza
- A community facility with an area of 585sq.m over two floors to include a multi-functional community room and a community gym
- The provision of modern match-day facilities for teams and officials